1. Applicant Should be Indian Citizen.
2. Applicant should have completed:
Minimum 4 years of format full time undergraduate/post graduate education towards one or more degree program. Basic degree or diploma should be in science or engineering.
3 years degree or diploma program and have 2 year full time work experience post degree or diploma. Basic degree or diploma should be in science or engineering.
3. NIDHI-EIR recipients are expected to be committed to exploring a business idea. (Typical NIDHI-EIR needing the support should a first generation innovative entrepreneur, who has no other source of income during the term of EIR project. NIDHI-EIR support recipients should not treat this support as a stop gap arrangement to support them in their academic pursuits or transition between jobs.)
4. NIDHI-EIR applicant seeking the support should demonstrate ability to build a scalable technology business start-up.
5. NIDHI-EIR support applicant should propose one technology business idea in a prescribed format.
6. NIDHI-EIR support recipients are expected to pursue their entrepreneurial aspirations full time. NIDHI-EIR cannot be concurrent with any other remuneration of fellowship.
7. NIDHI-EIR support recipient cannot be the promoter or significant (>10%) share holder/beneficiary of another company at the time of applying for and receiving the grant approval.
8. NIDHI-EIR should be registered for the pre-incubation or incubation program at Science and Technology Park, Pune (nominal charges involved) for the entire duration of NIDHI-EIR support.
9. Preference shall be given to:
a) Technology business ideas with larger technology uncertainties and /or long gestation periods.
b) Technology business ideas leveraging technology or IP from publicity funded research or academic organizations
c) Technology business ideas with considerable potential for social impact.
10. Entrepreneurs pursuing business ideas with no or marginal technology innovation or those with very short journey (i.e. less than 6 months) to commercialization are discouraged to apply.
11. NIDHI-EIR applicant seeking support should have a formal business plan for the idea they intend to pursue and a business presentation including the investment proposal.